- Animals will be kept as pets, and cared for as such.
- Animals will not be used for consumption, breeding, profit of any kind, or labor. Vegetarians and vegans are preferred adopters.
- Ownership of other animals, and proof of association with an appropriate veterinarian.
- Regular veterinary care must be provided.
- Ownership of property, or long term lease of property where animal may be legally kept. Written permission of landlord required.
- Secure fencing of at least 4 feet height, but may be higher as required by a particular animal.
- Adequate shelter for all animals to be adopted and existing pets on the property.
- Some animals are social and must have the company of other animals.
- Contract agreeing that if animal is no longer desired, the animal will be surrendered back to Dancing Goat Farm Sanctuary or Hawai’i Island Humane Society.
- All animals will be registered to the new owner with a microchip.
- A home visit and follow up visits may be requested.